Sunday, May 17, 2015


I can't believe we are coming to an end already! The older I get the more time seems to fly by. Well, I'd better get started. My first picture is a forest, and the photographer is lost off the trail. I chose it because nearly everyone values forests. The second part, being lost, is the kicker. Reading is a lost joy to me, a problem that I'm trying to rectify. I felt like I ran out of books. I am an avid Harry Potter fan, reading the series seven times, and I've read the Eragon and Percy Jackson series multiple times as well. I had over a thousand AR points in sixth grade or whenever we did that sort of thing. Then, last year, reading dropped dead. I have never found another series like Harry Potter, something that I was so taken by I can read it again and again. Other than spikes, usually when I just needed out of life for a while or just picked up a new book on occasion, I havent read nearly as much as I'd've liked. Im hoping to slowly ramp it up as I find more time.


That's blogging for me. I mean, it was a cool experience, but it was also hard to remember to do, especially when you realize you haven't read a book in two weeks the day before the post is due. I never had good luck with these posts, I kinda just winged it when i remembered to do them.I mean it keeps me on my toes, and helps me develop my thoughts about a book, which I've never really cared to do in the past. I think its been good for me overall.



I'm still learning. I've grown a lot this year, I know that much. It doesnt matter what others say, I have good friends and i laugh at myself often. I learned to love the little things in life. I learned that yes, I do care, about others, more than I ever thought. I've been through good, bad and ugly, but I like who I am as a person as I keep finding out more. I know where I am weak, finding that and trying to build has been a challenge, and my friends help, as I help build them. I found my community of people i can rely on is expanding. I know none of this is very academic, but I feel like this year is the year I've stepped into who I am, not so much as a student but as me, and that's important too. I do want to thank everyone who helped me grow, and that does include the teachers who helped me on the way. Thank you for a great year!!!

Jack Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment